We’re excited to honor and celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day today! The strength and resilience of Native Peoples who have long stewarded the land we live upon is seen and lauded. There is much work to be done in addressing historical and modern harm to our Indigenous siblings, let us collectively move and work towards that justice!
There are many ways to move towards right relation with Indigenous Peoples, below are some organizations, articles, and resources that we encourage you to engage with.
- Friends Journal QuakerSpeak video on “Seeking Right Relationship with Native Americans”
- Friends Journal article about “Quaker Indian Boarding Schools”
- Indigenous Action Zine on “Uprooting Colonialism: The Limitations of Indigenous Peoples Day”
- Tool called Native Land to navigate a map to find out whose land you are on.
- Article and brief history: “8 Indigenous Rights Groups to Support on Indigenous Peoples’ Day this Year”
- The art from this post was created by artist Blue Rain, of the Muscogee / Creek Nation, whose land the Atlanta QVS community is on. More about Blue Rain.