Current Opportunities at Quaker Voluntary Service
Updated 17 MAY 2019
Minneapolis/St. Paul Coordinator
- Provide direct support for Fellows by meeting with them one-on-one each month; spending time at the QVS House to support the development of community life, a non-anxious approach to conflict, and shared spiritual practices; and by helping them identify resources and solve problems.
- Facilitate discussions and exercises grounded in QVS program goals by convening two QVS Days each month and organizing three weekend Retreats each year.
- Coordinate the partnership between QVS and local nonprofit organizations where Fellows work by maintaining good communication, meeting regularly with site supervisors, and recruiting new site placement partners as needed.
- Collaborate with local Friends by meeting regularly with the clerk of the Local Support Committee (LSC), attending LSC meetings, supporting the partnership between Fellows and Spiritual Nurturers, and encouraging Fellow participation in the life of local meetings.
- Contribute to the development of QVS as a national organization by participating in twice-monthly staff meetings, two annual staff retreats, and National Orientation for incoming Fellows at the end of August; by helping to recruit and select applicants; and by providing content for QVS newsletters, social media, etc.
Competencies & Qualifications
- A good working knowledge of Quaker history, thought and practice.
- A personal history of connecting deeply with young adults from a variety of backgrounds.
- A commitment to social justice, anti-racism and anti-oppression work.
- Exceptional skill in managing time and setting personal boundaries.
- Exceptional relationship skills, including the ability to address conflict and motivate others.
- Experience organizing and facilitating small group discussions and times of spiritual reflection.
- Familiarity with nonprofits and social justice organizations in Minnesota.
- Administrative skills for managing budgets, organizing events, and keeping records.
- Passion for the vision and mission of Quaker Voluntary Service.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to Mike Huber [email protected], the QVS Director of Program. In your cover letter, please provide contact info for three references who can speak to your competencies and qualifications. Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as applications arrive, with priority given to applications received before June 5th. The position is scheduled to begin in July, allowing several weeks of overlap with our current Minneapolis / St. Paul Coordinator.
Salary will be commensurate with experience starting at $20,000 as a base.
QVS is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. This policy prohibits discrimination on all legally-recognized bases including, but not limited to, race, creed, color, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, national origin or service in the uniformed services.