Current Opportunities at Quaker Voluntary Service
Updated 08 MAR 2018
Portland Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Portland Coordinator
This is a half time exempt position to coordinate all aspects of the Quaker Voluntary Service house and program in Portland, OR.
Reports To: Director of Program (DoP)
|Site Placement Organizations (local)||
|Fellow Support (local)||
|Local Support (local and national)||
|Program (local and national)||
|Fellow Recruitment and Selection (local and national)||
|Administrative and Other Tasks (local and national)||
- Deep knowledge of Quakers and the Religious Society of Friends.
- Self-directed and goal-oriented but informed by organizational needs and mission.
- Ability to see the big picture along with a willingness to pitch in and do what needs to be done, including small administrative tasks.
- Creative problem solver with entrepreneurial spirit and attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; easily builds new relationships and has experience managing conflict.
- Ability to facilitate spiritual formation and contemplative activities for individuals and groups.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in working with and responding to the particular needs of young adults.
- Passion for the mission and vision of the program.
- Professional experience preferred.
- Should have worked with volunteers or have significant volunteer experience; volunteer recruitment and management experience preferred.
- Experience working in multicultural communities and with a wide variety of people.
- Knowledge of local not-for-profits, social justice organizations and service agencies preferred.
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, anti-racism, and anti-oppression, work.
This is a half time position without benefits. Compensation commensurate with experience.
QVS reserves the right to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way QVS desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “at-will.” Quaker Voluntary Service is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to QVS Director of Program, Mike Huber, [email protected] Applicants will be considered and interviewed on a rolling basis as applications come in.
QVS is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. This policy prohibits discrimination on all legally-recognized bases including, but not limited to, race, creed, color, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family relationship, disability, national origin or service in the uniformed services.